Friday, July 22, 2011

Raspberry Cooler

Mrs. Curtiss's raspberries were producing like crazy. I picked a bunch for her, and then came back in the afternoon to hang up the rest of my laundry, (My place doesn't have a washing machine.) and picked some more for dessert for the dinner party. When dinnertime rolled around I was horrified to find that I had forgotten about Cathy's lactose intolerance. She got fresh raspberries. Tom and I had this.
Make this with Greek yogurt. It is exceedingly good. Any dessert, or any other food for that matter, which involves the blender is a big hit with me. This takes about five minutes to prepare, and then you stick it in the refrigerator and forget about it. I did take it out and try to whip it, but because I had cut the recipe in half, I cut the amount of gelatin in half and it did not jell much. No matter.

Raspberry Cooler

4 cups raspberries
16 ounces plain (Greek) yogurt
6 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup cold water

1. Place three cups of the raspberries in an electric blender. Add the yogurt and sugar and blend until smooth.
2. Soften the gelatin in the water and then beat over hot water to dissolve. Stir into raspberry mixture.
3. Chill until mixture starts to thicken. Beat until creamy and then pile into serving dishes. Top with remaining raspberries, whole or pureed. Makes six servings.

1 comment:

  1. you could probably skip the wacky 70s gelatin and just have it as is. sounds yum :)

    ReplyDelete