Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sangria

The YMs are a festive pair, so I decided to do something a little more festive in the drinks line besides white wine and or beer. We didn't have Cointreau but we did have Triple Sec, which is another orange liqueur, and basically the same thing. This is quick and fun, tastes good and is a good way to serve red wine cold. I was well received. I feel like I should have doubled the recipe, because we went through it pretty fast.

Sangria

1 bottle dry red Spanish wine, preferably Rioja (Basically, as far as I'm concerned, it has to be red and dry. Spanish ? Not so much.)
sugar to taste
1 1/2 ounces cognac
1 ounce Cointreau or Curacao
1/4 cup orange juice
ice cubes
lemon slices
peach slices, club soda to taste

Place the wine, sugar, cognac, Cointreau or curacao, orange juice and ice in a pitcher and macerate with a wooden spoon. Add remaining ingredients and serve cold.
Makes about one quart.

No comments:

Post a Comment