Friday, August 9, 2013

Bean, Carrot and Cabbage Salad (Gluten Free)

I located this recipe after noticing we had a superabundance of carrots. We had bought a pound of carrots, and then my daughter, who is back from Russia, bought what looked like two pounds of carrots when she went to visit the horse. The horse has been sick for the last three weeks, racking up an impressive vet bill and actually having to go to the horse hospital in Virginia. I am happy to report he is on the mend. I really didn't want to lose him.
This is a simple, fast, tasty salad for a weekday night supper. I think making dinner that night must have taken me all of 20 minutes, a world's record. You don't have to chill the salad. It is just as good at room temperature.

Bean, Carrot and Cabbage Salad

2 cups cold cooked pinto beans
1/2 cup coarsely shredded carrot
1/2 cup shredded cabbage
1 small onion grated
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
salt to taste
1/3 cup homemade French or Italian dressing

Combine all the ingredients and mix well. Chill. Makes four servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment