Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tartar Sauce

On Saturday night, we had salmon and spinach with fennel. Aha, I thought. Tartar Sauce! Quick and easy recipe that knocks off another one and builds my monthly total. Also, tartar sauce goes well with salmon. I followed the recipe except, I used one cup of mayonnaise instead of 1 1/2 cups. I only wanted a cup of tartar sauce. I recommend this. The pickle and onion and the rest of the ingredients are concentrated in less mayonnaise so the tartar sauce has more of a punch. Just two random observations are, capers are hard to cut up, and cornichons (little French pickles) are too. Tartar Sauce 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise 2 tablespoons chopped sour pickle 1 teaspoon finely minced onion 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped capers 1 teaspoon chopped chives 1 teaspoon mustard, preferably Dijon or Dusseldorf 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon Lemon juice to taste 1 hard cooked egg, sieved
1. Combine all ingredients and chill. Makes about two cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment