Monday, August 2, 2010

Zucchini Appetizer

I had been thinking of some fish related appetizer, like Lobster Canapes, or Scallops Mayonnaise, or Crevettes Paula. But then I decided it would just be too much fish. Also, Ed, the farmer, had given me a large zucchini, which he was probably delighted to get rid of. I had made half of it into Ratatouille, but I still had the other half. My stay at the apartment was winding down, so I was intent on finishing up leftover stuff. This was proclaimed tasty by Mommio and Ann, can be done in advance, and does not heat up the kitchen.
In a couple of areas, I did not follow the recipe absolutely faithfully. I couldn't find chervil, and since I had half a large zucchini, I did not stuff the mixture into zucchini shells to serve it.

Zucchini Appetizer

1 large zucchini
2 tablespoons olive oil
one medium size onion, finely chopped
1/2 clove garlic (really, people, use a whole one)
1/2 tablespoon wine vinegar
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon chervil
1/2 teaspoon tarragon
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
toast triangles

1. Halve the zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a one-quarter inch shell. Chop the flesh.
2 Heat the oil and saute the onion, garlic and chopped succhini in it until tender. Increase heat to evaporate any excess moisture.
3 Add the vinegar, salt pepper, chervil, tarragon and parsley. Pile into zucchini shells and serve warm or cold, with toast triangles.
Four servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment